Monday, October 6, 2008

Brookie Homemaker

A couple of years ago I got a sewing machine for Christmas. I tried to use it once and couldn't get it threaded.

When my Grandma came out here she threaded it for me and made Aubree a rocking chair cushion using it. Proof that it works :)

So... we just bought Aubree a new big girl car seat and I it didn't come with strap cushions, so I decided to take things into my own hands!




Here's the finished product:



















Not too shabby for my first try, huh? It took about an hour from start to finish. I'm very shocked/happy/surprised/proud of the finished product.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off all, Aubree is going to be riding in style. I'm incredibly jealous of her. And, second of all, you have a lil 50's domestication in you! Congrats. When I have a child (15++) years from now, can you make me some? :)

Brooke said...

You know it!

Anonymous said...

Even better idea: start a business. You could use organic materials and parents would eat that up!