Saturday, June 20, 2009

Spumoni Cupcakes

I can't take credit for this idea. I got it from www.howtoeatacupcake.net It's a really cool site, check it out if you have time. I didn't bake the cupcakes from her recipe. I dressed up box mix. My Dad and Derek both love Spumoni (chocolate, cherry & pistachio) ice cream. I thought it was cool I could turn it into a cupcake!




The finished product. I thought it was cool to chill the frosting and then scoop it with an ice cream scoop to get a different effect than you usually see.




After baking. The batter is thick, so you can spoon it into the cups and it won't spread out before you put the other flavor in.
















The cupcakes were easy, the frosting was time consuming. I did follow the recipe on the site for that. My suggestion if you try it is to definitely find some shelled, non-salted pistachios.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those look amazing!
Please overnight some to me! ;)