Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy Birthday, Kristie!

Today is not only tax day, it's my friend Kristie's birthday! She's a fellow chocoholic so I made her some Milky Way Cupcakes. It's a chocolate cupcake with a piece of a milky way candy bar baked in the middle topped with caramel buttercream.

Before baking:















After baking:















After frosting:































I wasn't sure how these were going to turn out. It has been a long time since I baked something in the middle of a cupcake. The candy bar hardened back up into original shape after cooling it had more of a chewy texture, though. These were really good. I wasn't the biggest fan of the frosting, so I used a decorating technique that used as little as I could. Overall, I consider these pretty successful! I just hope Kristie feels the same!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't worry...these cupcakes were delicious! Thank you so much!!