Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My First 10!






















The lovely cupcake above earned me my first 10 from the ol' hubs. Most of the time his complaint is with the sweetness but the tart raspberry filling mellowed out the sugar in these Vanilla Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting.


I also made cake pops!























Let me say this was my very first time making these. There's a lot more time into these than you would think.

















The pink ones are Birthday Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. The chocolate ones are Vanilla cake with a-Hint-of-Coconut Buttercream. I could have made these look fancier if I would have bought a cute matching container to put them in and hid the styrofoam they're sticking in, but I just used something I had here at home and after baking 3 cakes and 3 batches of homemade frosting I was pooped! I didn't even bother grabbing my camera to take pictures during the process. All in all, I think I have about 8 hours invested in the trio!

Good thing I enjoy baking :)

No comments: