Sunday, March 14, 2010

Aubree turns 2!

My baby girl is officially 2. I didn't think I was going to get emotional over this birthday like I had the last. I didn't... until I read her "Now I'm 2" which is a book about how she's not a baby anymore. She's not. She's on the road to being a big girl! Anyway, since the main subject of this blog is about baking, I figured I'd highlight the food/cake aspects of her birthday.
























I worked a long time on this cake. I had this image in my head and Friday night I was pretty sure it was going to be the furthest thing from the cake in my head. But, after finishing it Saturday, it turned out ok!


















There was a "2" candle I put after "Birthday"

























Aubree liked it! She even had to sample it before anyone else did :)






















Oh! And there were chocolate covered bananas- DELICIOUS!

















There are more birthday pictures on my myspace and facebook if your interested :)

No comments: