Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I've got the blues-- and that's a good thing!

So I live 2,000 miles from home.
I get homesick.
Especially when I think about my Grandparents, living and deceased.
And right now my relationship with my Dad is rocky, so I find myself feeling lonely sometimes and thinking about days past.
I found this station (978) on my Dish Network called "Lucille". It's nothing but blues music. It makes me happy.
My Mammaw and Papaw used to listen to blues in the kitchen when Mammaw was cooking or we were eating. At Christmas when all the family would come up, there would be a dance after all the presents were opened. Blues was the music of choice then. Still is.
My Mom was a DJ at a radio station and hosted a show called "The Blues Vein". I used to go to work with her sometimes and hearing some of that music now takes me back to that On-Air Room. It reminds me of home. Since I discovered that channel, I put it on when I'm just hanging out or playing with Aubree as background noise.
I love it. It almost instantly puts me in a good mood. Especially when Aubree starts dancing to it.
Being so out of touch with everybody and getting ready to be even further away, I feel like I have a piece of home with me here.

No comments: