Saturday, August 8, 2009

Cupcakes!

I made some cupcakes today! It had been awhile and we're having a small group meeting a church tomorrow, so I thought I'd bake =) Plus, it seemed like the best thing I could blog about for my 100th post! I made 2 different kinds, both derived from box mixes: Tangy Strawberry with Cream Cheese Frosting and Chocolate with Buttercream. Here's the strawberry:






















The chocolate cupcakes were the best cupcakes I have ever put in my mouth. I found the recipe online. It's basically a chocolate (fudge) box mix with a pack of chocolate pudding. I added a little something-something myself of course. The icing was a Vanilla Swiss Meringue Buttercream. It's intimidating, but not that complicated really.

















Mix egg whites and sugar over a double boiler until disolved.






















Whip them until stiff.

Switch attatchments and add in butter. If you want the recipe, ask me and I'll get it to you.


















They turned out ugly because the frosting's consistency wasn't right for a piping bag.


















The only alternative I could do besides spread it was to use an ice cream scoop, but I didn't have enough to put that much on all of them.






















My favorite part of today was finding this:

















Isn't this the best for transporting cupcakes? I was stoked when I came across it! It's the first thing I've seen that carries a full batch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1.) Find box
2.) Write my address on box
3.) overnight to VA

xoxox!

Brooke said...

If only!! You'd be stocked, let me tell you! I'm always looking for an excuse to bake!

Ellen said...

those look SOOO good!
No helping with my low carb diet LOL.

Elizabeth said...

They look GREAT!! Don't you want to drive one to PA?!?! haha