Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Get your shades ready...

Not everything can be a success. This definitely was one of those things. This was my attempt to make Banana Split Cupcakes. I mentioned in the previous post my ideas. I followed through with all of them except the frosting. Whipped Cream frosting isn't portable, so I made a buttercream instead. I started with a cake mix and added to it. I think I added too much because after I filled 24 cupcake liners, this much was still left, enough to make 6 "Texas" size cupcakes. It was the first time I used that pan, so it was ok =)
















After baking. The batter was so lumpy, but probably too liquidy as well. See how flat they are!
















You got those sunglasses ready? PUT 'EM ON! I made a basic buttercream and instead of adding vanilla extract, I added banana. The flavor was good. A little too stiff and very hard to work with. Also it was the first time I worked with gel food coloring. It was a little brighter than I intended =)

















I topped some with walnuts.
















And nothing impressive with the others...
















I think if I made these again, I could learn from my mistakes and they'd turn out alright. They are more like muffins than cupcakes. They're not the right consistency, the frosting's too grainy and they're....... well...... UGLY :( Oh well, I must move on. I'm thinking tiramisu! What do you think? I would love to get somebody else's ideas!

No comments: