Sunday, July 4, 2010

Yes, more cupcakes






















Do you know what those are?


Wanna guess?


Those are Samoa cupcakes.


Remember?


Chocolate cake, caramel filling, coconut frosting. Yep. Pretty awesome.


I used caramel ice cream topping and it was too thin to use as filling, but the commissary on base was closed or I would have probably whipped up some cream to add to it. Oh well.. that's the beauty of experimental baking... you figure out how to make it better the 2nd time around.


As for Derek's opinion. He left me a note on the computer that said: "Well, I had to eat another cupcake after you went to bed and now I declare them the BEST cupcakes that you’ve made…..they are the best in every way. The caramel soaked into the cupcake makes it super moist and more flavorful, the icing is fantastic, and the toasted coconut gives added flavor and texture. They are the best yet!!!"


:) Sweet husband and even sweeter cupcake apparently! :)


Next on my agenda is Mint Chocolate with a super cool frosting technique I've never tried before.


Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay...so you know my opinion already but I will post anyway. I thought these were DELICIOUS!! What more can anyone ask for in a cupcake...chocolate, caramel and COCONUT!! I think these are my new favorite or pretty close to the White Chocolate Raspberry ones!!!!!