Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Polka-dot heart blanket is what Aubree calls it

To quote my husband "Your gonna be great at all those womanly things when we get old, babe" What he meant was sewing and cooking basically. Why sewing you ask? Well, because of this:



















If you remember, my only other sewing experience is with these (which I made 2 more pairs of this weekend). I can now thread my sewing machine and fill a bobbin without reading directions! I have the itch for sewing all of a sudden and have all these ideas of things I want to try.

First on my list is pillowcase dresses. If you have never heard of them (where have you been?), here is a picture of one:


















Cute, huh?

My friend, and all things homemade expert, Candace has already agreed to have a "sewing date" with me and tackle them.

Also, I found this adorable blanket. It looks super easy too! I'm gonna wait and start this after we get back from vacation (which is only 18 days away!).

Yay for a potential new hobby that is calorie free!

2 comments:

Kasie said...

awesome! I just got blessed with a sewing/embroidery machine. I can't wait to experiment. I still have no idea how to use it... nothing a few google searching can't handle. I think I'm gong to start with pillow cases & curtains. That style dress is so cute. Love the blankie too. Can't wait to see more.
Have a good vacation!!!

Andrea W. said...

Brooke that dress looks so adorable!! I can just see Aubree wearing it now! Good luck!!