Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Favorite Cupcake Ever

My favorite cupcake thus far in my 28 years of life has yet to be named by me. At this cupcake shop in town I'm pretty sure they call it Hazelnut Heaven, but it's a little different than mine. I make a chocolate cupcake, fill it with Nutella and top it with maple buttercream (they use Praline). I'm pretty sure I've blogged about it before, but I'm just too lazy to go through the archives and check. Anyway, they're having Family Day at Derek's work today so if you or your husband is part of JSF you will have a chance to try one of these:


















Their not so pretty. Need a little garnish. Maybe some shaved chocolate that I don't have on hand. Anyway, I was watching Cupcake Wars on Food Network last night and got a WONDERFUL idea for a cupcake. The guy did a play on the girl scout cookie Caramel deLite (or Samoas). If you know me, you know there's nothing I'd rather do than turn desserts into cupcake form. Basically it's a chocolate cupcake filled with caramel, topped with coconut buttercream, sprinkled with toasted coconut and drizzled with more caramel. (Boy, was that a run-on sentence or what!) It's pretty much all my favorite things rolled into one. I CAN'T WAIT TO TRY THEM!

No comments: