Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Some stores...

...are really making me mad!

I am posting this blog as a source of information to those who read. A...warning perhaps.

American Eagle- Derek's Mom bought him some clothes from American Eagle for Christmas. One pair of pants didn't fit right so we took them back with the gift receipt she provided. The cashier said we could only get store credit WITH THE RECEIPT! What? I asked her what we would get if we didn't have the receipt and she said "store credit". So... Why do they offer receipts in the first place?!? They are a company that has proven once they get your money, there's no way your getting it back!

Sears- I ordered my father-in-law's Christmas present online and got expedited shipping so it would be here by Christmas. It was promised to be here by 12/21. Well.... it wasn't. So on 12/21 I called Sears to get my expedited shipping charge ($10.70!) refunded. In the back of my mind I assumed the gift would arrive the next day, but regardless I wasn't paying that extra fee. While talking to the customer service rep she told me the reason the item didn't arrive was because it was out of stock at the warehouse (it said "in stock" on their website) and had to be shipped from another store. I asked if she had a tracking number for the package. She said she didn't. Then I asked when it was shipped. ONLY THEN did she tell me it hadn't been shipped yet. Shady, shady, shady. So I simply asked her to cancel my order. She said she couldn't because it was "processing". Sears never sent me an e-mail or called to tell me about this "issue". Today is 1/5 and it still hasn't arrived!

I remember years ago getting upset at Target for not taking back their store brand items without a receipt. Not even offering store credit!

The thing is... when several stores all sell the item I want to buy I'm not supporting these stores that are not customer friendly and I feel like are out to get me.

I am interested to hear if you have any other stores that have let you down. Please share :)

No comments: