Friday, January 29, 2010

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

I'm quick to talk about the bad companies, but let me tell you about a pleasant experience I've recently had.

To make a long story short I ordered some dishes on www.macys.com. When they arrived, one of the dishes was broken. There was a sticker on the box that said "Damaged on Arrival". I had planned on taking them back this weekend and exchanging them.

Today the Fed Ex guy brought me a package from Macy's and it was the same dishes-- undamaged. I hadn't even told them they were broken. I guess they got word from USPS. ?? I dunno, but I thought it was really upstanding that they replaced them without me even asking. It was a super bonus because only 1 out of a 5 piece setting was damaged, so I got to keep the other 4! I will be purchasing more from them in the future! You should too!

No comments: